Wild Schedule Released
For a complete version, click here.
The NHL has released the schedules for the upcoming season today. Here are some of the highlights for the Wild.
- The Wild’s season opener will be on October 3, against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Their home opener will be against one of Chuck Fletcher’s former teams, the Anaheim Ducks, on October 6.
- The team starts the year with a very road-heavy schedule, playing nine of their first fourteen games on the road.
- The Wild play fifteen sets of back-to-back games. In other words, 37% of their games are back-to-back sets.
- Marian Gaborik returns to Minnesota on October 30, while Jacques Lemaire returns on January 2.
- The team will play home-and-home series against Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Carolina.
- Three of the team’s last five games are on the road against Division Rivals.
- Todd Richards will return to San Jose on October 10, Martin Havlat will return to Chicago on October 26 and Chuck Fletcher will return to Pittsburgh on October 31.
- Training camp will open on September 13 and pre-season games will be announced at a later date.