A new week and 3 games on tap for this evening. Carolina takes on the Rangers tonight on Versus, while CuJo will get the start tonight for Toronto against Ottawa and Vancouver rolls into LA to face the Kings.
- The Red Wings should be getting a shot in the arm soon (as if they need it). Homer is back for the Wings and Marian Hossa should be returning soon.
- Wild Road Tripper has a good look at the Wild’s victory last night over the Anaheim Ducks at Hitting the Post.
- Speaking of the Wild, Hockey Wilderness has a nice e-mail exchange between a disenfranchised former season ticket holder and Wild owner Craig Leipold. Kudos to Mr. Leipold for standing up for himself and for the team. I don’t necessarily know that I agree with the author’s sentiment about Mr. Leipold’s take on the team; after all, there really were no moves for the team to make at the deadline this season.
- An absolutely fantastic piece by James Mirtle at From the Rink on hockey in Nashville.
- Sounds like Devils coach Brent Sutter wasn’t happy with losing to the Isles 7-3. I can’t really think of a larger embarrassment for an NHL team, can you?
- An old post, but a good one nonetheless. A good list of hockey people using Twitter. I wonder if they’re going to add “Brian Burke”?
- Patrick Roy is backing Martin Brodeur? Really? If I were Marty, I’d be careful of any loose doors lying around.
- It’s a bad time for the Panthers to be dealing with injuries to key players.
- An interesting look at stats since the all star break. Steve Ott has more than 20 points? Couldn’t have called that one.
- Matchsticks and Gasoline is circling the wagons around Curtis McElhinney. I agree. Cut the kid a break. I can’t imagine backing up Kipper is an easy job by any means.
- And finally, because the playoffs are just around the corner, the guide to grading the playoff beard.